In late 2008, Rocla developed a new product range to service the high voltage transmission line market. The new range, dubbed Rocla® Strong Poles (RSP) is already proving a great success, with orders to date in excess of a million dollars.
Our customers are pleased to have this new product as it means they no longer have to source them from overseas – thereby achieving significant savings of time and costs.
The key features and benefits of the RSP range include:
- Longer and stronger than the traditional poles. They are designed to suit 220kV and 330kV transmission lines.
- They can be used for termination and deviation poles, without the need for guying.
- The longer poles allow better clearances over roadways, rail and river crossings.
- Provides maximum tip strength.
- Free-standing capability – avoid stays as land and access become more difficult to obtain and avoid the risk of stay failure, reduces easement width.
- Various foundation options available – pad footings, cast insitu piles, driven piles or direct-embedment footing.
- The products are quick and easy to install and are similar to other multi-section power and communication poles.
- The range is available in reinforced concrete (RC) and prestressed (RPC).
- Common tip sizes suit crossarms and other steelwork.
- The RSP range has been designed in modular format to improve specifying and minimise lead times.
- Designed and manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions.
- The RSP introduction coincides with the completion of the latest Rocla® Poles expansion phase, which allows for a potential 30% increase in manufacturing capacity.
For more information, contact us or call Wodonga (02) 6024 7566 or Rockhampton (07) 4936 1233.